We believe that the success of an organisation starts with community investment. Over the years, we’ve spared no expense in seeing to the advancement of local communities. Through AFA’s continuous benevolence, we’ve secured our role not only as excellent fund administrators, but as a community growth driven entity, that seeks to steadily discover and act on outreach opportunities.
AFA has proudly supported the following causes;
Stepping Stones International – an innovative after-school and community outreach program dedicated to orphaned and vulnerable adolescents aged 12‐18+.
Since 2007, AFA has administered medical insurance through Pula Medical Aid to the employees of Stepping Stones International, including SSI’s case managers, counsellors, facilitators in schools, parenting facilitators, and leaders – all who serve communities in nine districts.
The services provided to SSI staff by AFA allows them to enjoy vitality by way of access to counselling support when necessary, and motivates them to provide quality services to Batswana. More than 14,800 children, families and service providers benefit from AFA and SSI’s collaboration. The Executive Director of Stepping Stones International stated, “When staff and their families are insured, we’re able to provide quality services and work on solutions towards reducing HIV transmission and gender based violence in Botswana. Without AFA’s assistance, not all staff members would have the security of insurance.”
The relationship between AFA and Stepping Stones International is an exemplary illustration of how the for-profit and non-profit worlds have converged to offer compassion and improve lives across Botswana.
- House of Hope – a centre for impoverished youth and their caregivers, that serves orphans and out of school youths.
- Local choir sponsorship
- COVID-19 donation coffers
In fulfilling our promise to the community, AFA has;
- Built a house for a deserving Letlhakeng family and donated food and household necessities.
- Devoted resources to the presidential housing appeal.
- Offered funding and support towards schools in local communities such as Sesholo, Boikhutso, Makgadikgadi and Badale.
- Continued to contribute towards Botswana’s fight against gender based violence and disability pitso.